Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

If I had it together enough to always blog on schedule, I'd really be a functional adult

The extreme absence without leave is not to be excused.  But I offer these excuses nonetheless, all evidence that I am somehow both closer and farther to faking adulthood than ever.  In the six months of my hiatus, I have done the following:

1.  Bought a house
2.  Due to inability to properly clean said house, caused self to break arm rather horrifically,
3.  Worked at the same job for longer than a year and two weeks,
4.  Forgotten everything I ever promised about never painting a room again, and painted a room again,
5.  Said goodbye to my 20-year-old car,
6.  Built a pretty sick Lego car (no joke - it's really awesome: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Highway-Speedster-31006?fromListing=listing)

But failing to update your blog for a really long time is not very functional at all.  I guess it's in keeping with the theme.  But as a bizarre attempt at redemption, I promise to write in later posts the tales of all of the above (except maybe the Lego car).  

[update: I'm not a total liar - I have at least begun to fulfill my promises.  Click the links above to see my grand excuses!]

And I give you this banana oat muffin recipe I made this weekend (tweaked from this recipe:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-oat-muffins/), because it was pretty tasty:

Ingredients:
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats (standard Quaker oatmeal here)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/5 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (if desired)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.

1.  Mash up the two bananas in a bowl using a fork or a potato masher.  
2.  Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3.  In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly.  Stir in the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla.  Add the mashed banana and combine thoroughly.
4.  Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
5.  Using something like a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop the batter into the muffin tin.
6.  Top muffins with chopped walnuts (if desired).
7.  Bake for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment